- 1 angel food cake, cut into 1″ cubes
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch
- 1½ Tablespoons cold water
- 2½ cups quartered strawberries
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ water
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
WHIPPED CREAM LAYER
- 3 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a small bowl, combine corn starch and cold water. Stir and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium high heat, combine strawberries, sugar, water and lemon juice. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and stir in corn starch water. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat heavy cream. Slowly add in ¾ cup sugar. Beat in vanilla and continue beating until soft-medium peaks are formed.
- Place ⅓ of the angel food cake on the bottom of a trifle dish.
- Spread ⅓ of the whip cream over the cake.
- Spread ⅓ of the strawberry sauce over the whip cream.
- Repeat the process 2 more times.
- Chill in fridge until ready to serve.