Back to Top
- 3 lb. Chuck Roast
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Can French onion soup
- 1 C. Beef broth
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ C. Dark beer
- 1 Bell pepper sliced
- 1 Onion roughly chopped
- Provolone cheese slices
- Hoagie rolls
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Season the roast with salt and pepper, add to the heated skillet and brown on all sides for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Add the french onion soup, beef broth, worcestershire sauce and dark beer to a slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Place the meat into the slow cooker and cook on high for 6 hours.
- Add the chopped onion and pepper to the skillet for the last hour of cook time.
- Remove the meat, trim against the grain, and add with onions and peppers and provolone cheese to hoagie rolls for serving.