- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 (6-ounce) packets Martha White® Buttermilk Cornbread Mix
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream and sliced green onion
- Brown ground beef with onion and green pepper in a large nonstick pan.
- Add ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, ground mustard, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Cook 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, mix together Cornbread Mix and milk.
- Fill each muffin cup halfway with cornbread mix.
- Drop 1 heaping tablespoon sloppy joe mixture in center of each muffin cup. (There will be extra sloppy joe mixture.)
- Place in oven until light golden brown around edges, about 15 minutes.
- Place another tablespoon of sloppy joe mixture on top of each muffin along with a little shredded cheddar cheese. Place back in oven to melt cheese.
- Serve with sour cream and chopped green onion.