- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 (6-ounce) packets Martha White® Buttermilk Cornbread Mix
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream and sliced green onion
Brown ground beef with onion and green pepper in a large nonstick pan.
Add ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, ground mustard, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Cook 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
In a medium bowl, mix together Cornbread Mix and milk.
Fill each muffin cup halfway with cornbread mix.
Drop 1 heaping tablespoon sloppy joe mixture in center of each muffin cup. (There will be extra sloppy joe mixture.)
Place in oven until light golden brown around edges, about 15 minutes.
Place another tablespoon of sloppy joe mixture on top of each muffin along with a little shredded cheddar cheese. Place back in oven to melt cheese.
Serve with sour cream and chopped green onion.