About 3 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken (I’ve used both thighs and breasts)
1 ( 7 ounce) packet of dried Italian dressing mix (such as Good Seasonings)
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 12 inch x 9 inch pan and set aside, and/or it may be preferable to line your dish with aluminum foil as the sugar tends to caramelize while baking.
2. Rinse chicken, pat dry with paper towels.
3. Combine and the dried Italian seasoning mix and the brown sugar, mixing together well.
4. Dip and press the chicken pieces into the mixture, coating front and back and place into your prepared pan, topside of the chicken facing up. Any extra coating that remains can just be sprinkled over the chicken.
5. Cook for 50-60 minutes or until chicken is done. While it’s cooking, I turn the chicken over a couple of times and spoon the resultant saucy melted brown sugar mix over the baking chicken, with the final turn leaving the topside facing up for the last bit of baking