- Fill a large pot with water. Add 2 tablespoons of salt and bring to a boil.
- Melt butter in a large heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in garlic. Cook for 30 seconds and add shrimp. Cook shrimp, stirring frequently, until they’re pink and opaque. Remove shrimp and garlic from pan, and set aside.
- Return pan to heat and add olive oil. Add onion and cook until it softens, 2-3 minutes. Toss in the whole cherry tomatoes. Cook the tomatoes for 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently. Once the tomato skins starts to split, crush them with the back of a wooden spoon. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta until al dente — or for two minutes less than the box recommends. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water before draining.
- Turn sauce to high heat, add pasta water to the sauce and bring it to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and add shrimp and garlic.
- Drain pasta and toss it with the sauce until all pasta is coated. Garnish with torn basil and serve.
Recipe and Photo: Target Recipes
Click on the Next Page Arrow Button to continue reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends
FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPLETE COOKING INSTRUCTIONS.