- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Line an 11 x 7 inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin puree, eggs and oil until smooth.
- Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, spices, salt and brown sugar.
- Add to the wet ingredients and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until passes toothpick test.
- Cool completely before cutting.