Pico De Gallo is a classic Mexican recipe made from fresh tomato, cilantro, onion, and jalapeno. This makes the best salsa to top burritos, chimichangas, flautas, enchiladas, and salads.
- 5 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced finely (see Note)
- 1/2 large red onion, diced finely
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped finely (use 1/2 a jalapeno if you don’t want it as spicy)
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro, chopped finely (if your bunch is small use a whole bunch)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toss the diced tomatoes, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, and garlic together. Add the juice of a half a lime and add salt and pepper to taste. Store in the fridge. Serve with chips or on top of salad, burritos, tacos…you name it.
I really like using grape tomatoes because they don’t get mushy like Roma tomatoes can be. Use about 2.5 to 3 cups of grape tomatoes!