- 1 1/2 pounds thinly sliced roast beef, cut into strips
- 4 large bell peppers, hollowed out, seeds removed
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 1 large yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and sauté onions until softened and translucent, 6-8 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add sliced beef to the onion and garlic mixture, and sprinkle in steak seasoning. Generously season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Place 1 slice provolone in the bottom of each bell pepper, then fill halfway with cheesesteak mixture.
- Repeat with another layer of provolone and beef, topping each pepper off with a final, third slice of cheese.
- Place bell peppers in a baking dish or on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until peppers have softened and cheese is melted.
- Optional: place peppers under broiler for 3-4 minutes to get golden brown spots on cheese. Remove from oven and serve hot.