Back to Top
- 4 cups Yukon gold potatoes, chopped into small cubes
- 1/2 pound cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 pound white button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º F, and lightly grease a 9×13-inch casserole dish with butter or non-stick spray.
- Sauté mushrooms in butter and olive oil for 3-5 minutes until tender. Add white wine, and simmer for another 3 minutes until most of the liquid evaporates. Remove from heat.
- Combine heavy cream, garlic, salt and pepper in a medium saucepan, and simmer for2-3 minutes over medium heat until the mixture begins to thicken. Continue stirring so the bottom doesn’t burn.
- Layer 1/3 of the cubed potatoes in the casserole dish, and top with some of the mushrooms and cheese. Repeat with two more layers, ending with mushrooms on top.
- Pour thickened sauce over the top, and gently tap the casserole dish on the counter to distribute the liquid between the layers. Cover with foil, and bake for 1 hour. Remove foil, and bake an additional 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.