Back to Top
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 10 crackers)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup lime juice (6 limes)
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1 tablespoon orange juice (2, if omitting tequila)
- 1-2 tablespoons tequila
- powdered sugar, garnish
- sea salt, garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350º F and line a 9×9-inch baking dish with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Lightly grease with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar and graham cracker crumbs, then stir in melted butter and mix until graham crackers have the consistency of damp sand.
- Press crumb mixture into the bottom of greased baking dish, making sure to evenly spread it out into the corners and edges of dish.
- Place in oven and bake for about 10 minutes, or until golden.
- In a large bowl or mixer, beat together eggs and sugar until lightened in color, then mix in lime juice, orange juice, tequila, and lime zest.
- Gradually mix in flour, stirring until no lumps remain.
- Pour filling over hot crust, then return to oven for 22-25 minutes, or until small bubbles appear on the surface of filling and it is no longer translucent.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Refrigerate 1-2 hours, or until chilled, then remove bars from baking dish, dust with powdered sugar and sea salt, and cut into squares.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!