- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, or as needed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup finely chopped roasted pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a doughnut pan with about 1 teaspoon vegetable oil.
- Sift flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, salt, and cloves together in a large bowl; stir brown sugar into flour mixture until well mixed.
- Whisk pumpkin puree, 1/3 cup vegetable oil, 1/3 cup maple syrup, buttermilk, and egg together in a separate bowl until smooth. Stir pumpkin mixture into flour mixture until batter is just combined. Refrigerate batter for flavors to blend, 20 to 40 minutes.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup batter into each doughnut well.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a doughnut comes out clean, 9 to 13 minutes. Cool doughnut completely in pan. Loosen edges of each doughnut with a small offset spatula or knife and transfer to wire rack.
- Whisk confectioners’ sugar and 3 tablespoons maple syrup together in a small bowl until glaze is smooth.
- Press doughnuts facedown into glaze to cover the top completely. Place doughnuts
recipes adapted from: allrecipes