- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 Tablespoons cold butter, cut in to small pieces
- 8 ounces of grated cheese, I used mild cheddar and Romano
- Pulse flour, salt, pepper and baking powder in a food processor to combine.
- Add butter and cheese and pulse until mixture looks like coarse cornmeal.
- Add water, 1 Tablespoon at a time, just until a dough forms.
- Wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate for a few hours.
- Unwrap dough and roll out very thin, about 1/8 inch.
- Cut dough in to squares or desired shapes and place shapes on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 13-18 minutes or until golden and crisp.