Back to Top
- 2 (8-10 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts, butterflied
- 1 (10 oz) package chopped frozen spinach leaves, defrosted and liquid squeezed out
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash nutmeg
- Pinch red chili flakes (optional)
- In a medium pan, cook onions, garlic, nutmeg, salt and pepper on medium heat, until onions are translucent. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- To butterfly the chicken breasts: With a sharp knife, make a lengthwise slit starting at the thickest side of the breast, leaving a 1/2 – 3/4 inch strip intact on one side. Open chicken breasts so they’re lying flat.
- When the onion mixture has cooled combine it with the spinach, feta, yogurt, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Spoon half of mixture over each butterflied breast and press chicken breasts closed, making sure the edges aren’t overflowing.
- Carefully coat chicken with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper (or use red chili flakes instead of pepper).
- Grill stuffed chicken breasts for 5-6 minutes on each side, until golden. Let rest for 5 minutes and serve!