- 2 cups frozen peach slices
- 1 cup carrot juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed (see Tip)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- Combine peaches, carrot juice, orange juice, flaxseed and ginger in blender; blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
- Tip: Look for ground flaxseeds (or flaxmeal) in the natural-foods section of large supermarkets or in natural-foods stores. Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Serving size: 1½ cups
- Per serving: 209 calories; 4 g fat(0 g sat); 6 g fiber; 41 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 55 mcg folate; 0 mg cholesterol; 28 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 23,316 IU vitamin A; 82 mg vitamin C; 72 mg calcium; 2 mg iron; 82 mg sodium; 964 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (466% daily value), Vitamin C (137% dv)
- Carbohydrate Servings: 2½
- Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1½ vegetable, 1 fat