- 1 and 1/2 cups (225g) shredded zucchini
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour1 (measured correctly)
- 1/2 cup (42g) natural unsweetened cocoa powder (not dutch process)2
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee powder (or 1/4 teaspoon espresso powder)3
- 3/4 cup (135g) semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips4
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (60ml) canola or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (60g) plain Greek yogurt5
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar6
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Adjust the oven rack to the lower third position and preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Spray a 9×5 (or 8×4) loaf pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Place the shredded zucchini on a couple paper towels to absorb some (but not all!) moisture. Press a paper towel on top as well. Set aside until step 4.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, instant coffee, and chocolate chips together until combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, oil, yogurt, sugar, and vanilla together until completely combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and lightly whisk until combined. Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, fold in the zucchini. Pour/spoon batter into prepared baking pan, scraping up every last drop. Trust me, you want it all!
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. My bread only took about 46 minutes, but do not be alarmed if yours takes longer. All ovens are different. Allow bread to cool completely in the pan set on a wire rack. Slice and serve when bread has completely cooled. Store leftover bread in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Make ahead tip: Bread freezes well for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature before serving.