Skip to content
- 2 cups cooked chicken, minced
- 1/2 cup ham, minced
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add chicken, ham, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add prepared mashed potatoes and 1/4 cup flour, stirring until blended.
- Transfer chicken and potato mixture to a bowl, and cover with plastic wrap. Allow to chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Form chicken and potato mixture into 16 balls about the size of golf balls.
- Crack eggs into a small bowl, and beat lightly with a fork.
- Pour remaining flour into a second bowl and breadcrumbs into a third.
- Quickly dip each ball into the eggs, then dredge with flour.
- Roll each ball in breadcrumbs, then transfer to an oven-safe dish.
- Preheat oven to 300º F.
- In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil. Working in small batches, brown croquettes on all sides.
- Place each batch of browned croquettes in the oven to keep warm until all batches are cooked. Serve warm, with your choice of dip.