- 1 (8-ounce) package elbow macaroni, cooked
- 16 saltine crackers, finely crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) block sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8-ounce) block extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Layer ⅓ each of macaroni, crackers, salt, pepper, and cheeses into a lightly greased 13X9-inch baking dish. Repeat layers twice.
- Whisk eggs and milk together and pour over macaroni mixture.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, until golden brown and set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.