– 2 slices your favorite sandwich bread
– 2 slices cheddar or your favorite cheese
– 2 to 3 teaspoons mayonnaise
- Heat a nonstick pan over low heat.
- Spread the two slices of bread with an even coat of mayo.
- Place one slice of bread in the pan, mayo-side-down.
- Place the cheese slices on top of the bread in the pan.
- Add the other slice of bread, mayo-side-up.
- Cook the sandwich for a few minutes, until the bottom piece of bread is golden-brown. Flip the sandwich and cook for a few more minutes until the other piece of bread is also golden-brown and the cheese is melted.
That’s it! Is using mayo a new idea for you, or old news? Do you have any other swaps for butter you like to use?