Arthritis has become such a problem nowadays, and people ‘die’ in pain while struggling to find the cure to their condition.
Pain killers are the most common option, but conventional medication causes even greater damage. Arthritis-induced pain triggers an agony, and sometimes it is even impossible to walk up the stairs.
No wonder arthritis patients are often depressed. Arthritis affects everyday life and throws the body out of balance. Unfortunately, patients usually become victims of their own pain, and not a single remedy seems to help.
Have you considered home treatments?
Medicines can be quite pricey, and most people turn to their roots and use traditional remedies that have reached the point of being forgotten forever. But, you have to consult your doctor before you try any homemade remedy and throw your medications.
Once you get the green light, you are free to try what suits you best. We give you some of the most common home remedies for arthritis, and it is up to you to make the best choice.
Natural home remedies for arthritis
- Add 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice and a teaspoon of honey to a cup of warm water. Drink this twice a day to relieve arthritis symptoms.
- Drink alfalfa tea twice a day for an instant relief.
- Soak a few cotton balls in hot vinegar and carefully rub it against the aching joints to relieve the pain.
- Add a tablespoon of cod liver oil to a quarter cup of orange juice (the juice of one orange). Drink your liquid pain killer before bedtime.
- Take 2 teaspoons of fresh bathua juice (squeeze bathua leaves to get their juice) every morning before you eat or drink anything, preferably for a month.
- Add 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and 2 tablespoons of raw honey to a small glass of warm water. Drink it once or twice a day to get some relief.
- Soak the affected joints in a healing bath that contains water (of course), 2 parts of extra virgin olive oil and one part of kerosene
- Eat one garlic clove every day to boost your immunity and relieve arthritic pain
- Reach your ideal weight. This will help you cope with your condition, because by melting those excess pounds you actually reduce the burden to your joints. And yes, you will feel less pain as well.
- Be more active. Physical activity will help you relieve your pain, and swimming is a nice option, because you weigh less when you are in the pool. There is also less strain on the joints, and your body is more flexible. Swimming activities will help you lose weight and tone your muscles.
- Stay away from stressful situations. Try to relax and rest enough, because stress will only worsen your condition.
Home remedies for arthritis – Dietary supplements
Dietary supplements are allowed in the treatment of arthritis, but you should first consult your doctor. Using supplements on your own can sometimes bring you trouble and cause adverse reactions, because not every organism responds the same way.
Nutritionists recommend the following dietary supplements to their arthritis
- Fish oil will help you keep the nasty inflammation under control.
- Glucosamine sulfate builds up cartilage, and it provides a long-term relief of pain caused by osteoarthritis.
- Chondroitin brings fluid into the cartilage that enhances the shock-absorbing ability and helps you regulate your weight.
- MSM is actually organic sulfur that relieves inflammation.
These are just some of the home remedies you can use in order to deal with your condition. Unfortunately, these alternative solutions require further examination, and science sure needs a proof of their effectiveness.Dietary supplements, hot and cold treatments, physical activity, and weight loss will strengthen your joints and make them more flexible. Who knows, maybe these will slow down the further development of arthritis.