- 32 oz low-sodium chicken stock or broth
- 3 cups water
- 24 oz spicy Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled (I bake my bacon)
- 5 medium russet potatoes, ⅛-1/4 inch slices
- ½ large onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 c kale, chopped
- 1 c heavy whipping cream
- Place all ingredients except for kale and heavy cream into a large slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in kale and let cook for another 30 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream, let heat through (five minutes) and serve.
- We like to serve this soup with some grated Parmesan cheese on top. Delicious!