- 1 15-oz. can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ English cucumbers, chopped
- 1 Medium-sized heirloom tomato, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, stems removed, chopped (about 1¼ cup)
- 1 red onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 large lime or lemon, juice of
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp fresh garlic paste, or finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp sumac
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the kidney beans with the chopped vegetables and cilantro.
- To make the vinaigrette, in a separate small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, oil, mustard, fresh garlic, sumac, and pepper.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and combine well with a large spoon. Add a dash of salt and pepper if you need to.
- Cover and let sit in the fridge for half hour to an hour before serving.