- 1 1/2 pounds venison, slightly frozen and sliced into 1/16-inch slices
- 8 garlic scapes, minced
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 slices sharp Cheddar cheese (optional)
- Place venison strips in a bowl; sprinkle with garlic scapes. Pour in canola oil and soy sauce; mix well. Cover bowl and let venison marinate for at least one hour.
- Preheat grill fitted with fine grate grill topper to medium heat.
- Evenly spread venison on the grill topper. Stir occasionally to evenly cook meat until no longer pink, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Warm hamburger buns on warming rack of grill. Divide venison among the buns and top with Cheddar cheese.