- 16 ounces cottage cheese (1%, 2% or 4%)
- 1/2 to 1 cup tomatoes – cut in bit size pieces, seeded if you like (use your favorite tomatoes – plum, cherry, romamo, fresh from the garden)
- 1/4 cup onion (less or more) -vidalia, any sweet onion, red onion, green onion (use your favorite)
- 1/2 large cucumber (or more), peeled, cut in bite size pieces, seeded if you like. English cucumbers are great with this salad
- salt & pepper to taste
In a medium size bowl, add cottage cheese and veggies – mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Serve chilled. Enjoy!
- your favorite seasonings (Greek, Italian are great)
- Tabasco, hot sauce
- fresh lemon juice
- any veggies you like – radishes, carrots, peppers and more
- sliced olives
- add a splash of vinaigrette or your favorite Italian or Greek dressing
- Serve with a side of your favorite crackers. I love wheat thins and using the salad as a dip. So good!
Try fruit cocktail. My friend/roommate in college loved cottage cheese topped with fruit cocktail – that was a staple in our apartment! So good.