- 3 cups desiccated coconut
- 3 egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- chocolate filling
- 1/4 cup (2 fl oz) cream
- 90g (3 oz) dark converture choclate, chopped
- 30g (1 oz) butter
- preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the egg whites, sugar and coconut in abowl and mix to combine.
- Press single tablespoons of this macaroon mixture into flat balls and place on baking trays lined with non-stick baking papes. Bake fo 10 minutes or until just golden .
- Cool on the trays.
- To make th e chocolate filling, place the cream in a saucepan over medium heat and bring almost to the boil.
- Remove from the heat, add the chocolate and butter and stir until smooth. Refrigerat until clod and think.
- To asseemble, spread a macaroon with the chocolate filling and then sandwich with another macaroon.
- These are great to serve with strong coffee. makes 16.