FOR THE SALAD
- 4 cupsshredded cooked chicken (See Kelly’s Notes)
- 3 cupsshredded Romaine lettuce
- 2 cupsshredded purple cabbage
- 2scallions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- 1medium cucumber, thinly sliced into batons
- 1/3 cupsliced almonds
- 1 cupcrispy chow mein noodles
FOR THE DRESSING
- 3 Tablespoonssesame oil
- 1/4 cupseasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cupvegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoonssugar
- 1 teaspoonsalt
- 1/4 teaspoonfresh black pepper
In a large bowl, combine all of the salad ingredients, tossing until well mixed.
In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients and then pour over the salad, tossing to coat.
I buy a rotisserie chicken and shred the meat (discarding the skin). It’s fast, fresh and just enough meat for 4 to 6 servings.