- 6 ounces rice noodles
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2-3 chicken breasts, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- green onions, sliced
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth, or water
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce (see note)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (or oyster sauce)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons corn starch + 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce (hot chili sauce) OR 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook rice noodles according to package instructions, drain, and set aside.
- Add zucchini, red pepper, and chicken to a greased pan or skillet. Stir periodically over medium heat 5-7 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- While veggies and chicken are cooking make the sauce. In a medium bowl stir combine chicken broth, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, fish sauce, sesame oil, and sriracha sauce. In a small bowl whisk together corn starch and cold water, then add to the medium bowl and stir together all sauce ingredients.
- After chicken and veggies are cooked, add the noodles and green onions to the pan, then pour the sauce over the top. Stir to combine, then cover and simmer 5-10 minutes until thickened. Serve immediately.
Hoisin sauce, fish sauce, and sriracha sauce are inexpensive and can be found in the Asian section of most grocery stores.